– Shredded Cabbage with Spicy Turkey Sausage, Sautéed Squash and Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Jump straight to the video here or if you would like steps and recipe it’s right bellow.
This is the first food video I decided to publish. It was a two birds with one shot sort of mentality as I wanted to meal prep and why not make a food video at the same time oh and recipe I guess. Yeah it’s quite difficult to go through this but I’m glad I did. Let me give you the recipe for each component.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Sheet Pan
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes Scrub thoroughly under water.
- 1.25 tbsp Coconut Oil Can be Olive Oil if you prefer.
- 1 tsp Salt To taste
- .5 tsp Pepper Optional
- Peel or wash the sweet potatoes. What ever your preference is.
- Carefully cut into halves then thirds. Depending on the size of them.
- Cut the thirds length wise and then across to make cubes.
- Place in a bowl
- Add desired salt and pepper along with oil of choice.
- Mix well
- Place in a sheet pan and spread out evenly to give them a breathing room.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 425F for 20min or so.
- Check before at 15min and poke with a fork. If it goes in easily they are done.
- 5 Zucchini Small to Medium
- 1 small Onion
- 1 small Tomato
- 1/3 Green Pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- .5 tsp Salt To Taste
- 1 pinch Dry Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Heat a medium deep pan with a the olive oil with medium heat.
- Chop the green pepper, tomato, onion and add to the hot pan.
- Cook these ingredients covered till they soften.
- Once the first ingredients are soft add the green squash or zucchini
- Add the spices, mix everything well and cover.
- Stir once in a while and cook for 12 min or until the zucchini are tender.
Turkey Sausage with Shredded Cabbage
- Deep Pan
- 1 Small Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Small Cabbage
- 1 lb Spicy Turkey Sausage Remove casing
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt To Taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Prepare the veggies by cutting them all in Julian style (long thin strips).
- Heat the pan with the olive oil
- Add Turkey Sausage and cook through making sure to brown the meat. I like to chop it to break it down as much as possible.
- Once the meat is browned add all the veggies except the cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes
- Uncover, mix well again and start to add 1/3 of the cabbage. Incorporate the cabbage well and keep adding all of it.
- Cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the cabbage is tender which wont take long.