After making bean soup many times I’ve arrived at this particular method of preparing them. I enjoy it because the flavor that comes out is rich and is quite the contrast if all your use to is canned beans.
When I have a bowl of red bean soup I add a little bit of cooked rice. For condiments I’ll have any of the following: ripe avocado, sour cream, hard cheese and tortillas. There’s times where I’ve all them of them and it becomes a hearty meal.
Red Bean Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 lbs. Organic Red Beans
- 1 Bay Leave
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- 4.5 tsp Diamond Kosher Salt
- .5 tsp Dry Oregano
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Onion
- 1/4 Green Pepper
- 6.5 Cups Water – (1.53 Liters)
- Clean beans to remove any possible debris.
- Rinse the beans thoroughly
- Add beans, spices, chopped ingredients and water to instant pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow 10 minutes to pass and then release pressure.
- **If you have soaked the beans the day before then cooking at high pressure can be set to 9 minutes instead.